NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
As globalisation gathers pace NEBOSH has seen the need for a common and consistent standard for achieving and maintaining the health and safety of workers in all parts of the world.
The NEBOSH National Diploma has been recognised for many years as a leading qualification in the field of health and safety in the UK, providing the specialit knowledge and understanding, combined with the application of the expertise required to undertake a career as a Safety and Health Practitioner. The NEBOSH International Diploma will fulfil the same objectives in other countires around the world.
This Course is Suitable For?
The NEBOSH International Diploma is the qualification for aspiring health and safety professionals building directly upon the foundation of knowledge provided by the NEBOSH International General Certificate. It is designed to provide students with the expertise – Wherever in the world they may be working – required to undertake a career as a safety and health practitioner. It also provides a sound basis for progression to an MSc or more specialist study (such as the NEBOSH Specialst Diploma in Environmental Management).
Is This Qualification Recognised?
This qualification is also accepted by the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (www.iirsm.org) as meeting their requirements for full membership (MIIRSM). United Kingdom professional health and safety bodies have a growing international reputation with a number of international branches being formed.
This qualification has been accredited and credit rated by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and sits in the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF).
Benefits of the Course.
On successful completion of the qualification, the Diploma holder may apply for Graduate member (Grad IOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), the major UK professional body in the field (www.iosh.co.uk). This is the first step to becoming a Chartered Safety and Health Practitioner as a Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH).
Holders of the NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety may use the designatory letters “IDipNEBOSH” after their name and are invited to the annual NEBOSH Graduation and Awards Ceremony in the year following the successful completion of their award.
The NEBOSH International Diploma is a prestigious and demanding professional qualification for those wanting to advance their career in occupational health and safety.
NEBOSH International diploma is recognised around the world as the global standard for health and safety professionals. It aims to provide the knowledge and understanding that strengthen performance of a Health and Safety Professional.
There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, however, it is highly recommended to complete NEBOSH International General Certificate or equivalent to Level 3 before undertaking the NEBOSH International Diploma.
Fresher’s – Core Engineering graduates, Science graduates & polytechnic diploma holders with NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent to Level 3.
Good standard of written English communication is required since the examinations are held in English.
The NEBOSH International Diploma is divided into four units, each of which is assessed separately:
- Unit IA: International management of health and safety.
- Unit IB: International control of hazardous agents in the workplace.
- Unit IC: International workplace and work equipment safety.
- Unit DNI: International application of health and safety theory and practice.
Course Preparation Duration
- The Face to Face Training is spread over a period of 6 weeks.
- Unit IA Minimum total tuition hours: 88 hours & Recommended Private Study time: 82 hours.
- Unit IB Minimum total tuition hours: 65 hours & Recommended Private Study time: 50 hours.
- Unit IC Minimum total tuition hours: 70 hours & Recommended Private Study time: 50 hours.
- Unit DNI Minimum total tuition hours: 5 hours & Recommended Private Study time: 72 hours.
- Minimum total tuition time: 228 hours.
- Recommended total private study time: 254 hours.
- Total overall hours: 470 hours.
The NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health exam is assessed in four units:
- The Unit IA: Managing Health and Safety – 3 hrs written exam.
- The Unit IB: Hazardous Agents in the Workplace – 3 hrs written exam.
- The Unit IC: Workplace and Work Equipment – 3 hrs written exam.
- The Unit DNI: International application of health and safety theory and practice.: Delegates are required to make a detailed review of the health and safety performance of a workplace or organisation and produce a justified action plan to improve performance. The expected length of the assignment is around 8000 words.
All the Candidate scripts are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH.
Successfully completing the NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety leads to Graduate Membership of IOSH. This is the first step to becoming a Chartered Health and Safety Practitioner as a Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH)
Delegates are awarded the Certificate on successful completion of four units: IA, IB, IC, DNI.