NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work is a globally recognized qualification offered by an established independent UK examination board with over 30 years experience in providing health and safety awards in the UK and across the world including the Middle East, the West Indies and Southeast Asia.
This introductory qualification will help improve the safety culture in your organisation, by equipping your workforce to identify and deal with hazards at work helping to reduce accidents and achieving cost saving for the business. The qualification is designed to meet the needs of an international audience. There is no content on UK Law.
This qualification is an ideal first step towards other higher level NEBOSH qualifications including NEBOSH International General Certificate.
This Course is Suitable For?
The NEBOSH Award in Health & Safety at Work qualification is aimed at anyone who needs to understand the principles of health and safety as part of their job.
The typical people who would benefit from this qualification include: Team leaders and supervisors, HR professional, facilities manager, those working with young people in a training environment.
Is This Qualification Recognised?
NEBOSH Health & Safety at Work has been accredited and credit rated by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and sits in the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF).
Benefits of the Course.
A health & Safety qualification has a lot of benefits to the organisation. by creating a a safety workplace, as it help in protecting people from injury and loss of life.
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work qualification gives your workforce vital health and safety know-how so they can make a difference and help reduce accidents, control costs, protect your reputation and avoid legal action.
This qualification does not have any formal entry requirement.
Any one who needs to understand the basic principles of health and safety as part of their job.
The candidate undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an IELTS score of 5.0 or higher.
The course syllabus is divided into 2 units: HSW1 Workplace safety foundation; and HSW 2 Workplace Risk Assessment activity.
There are 10 elements in HSW 1 which covers a range of workplace hazards and methods of controls; as follows:
- Foundations of health & Safety.
- Responsibility for health and safety.
- Health & Safety risk assessment and control.
- Hazards and control associated with work equipment.
- Transport safety.
- Hazards and controls associated with working electricity.
- Fire safety.
- Hazards and controls associated with manual handling and repetitive movement.
- Hazards and controls associated with hazardous substances.
- Hazards and controls associated with working environment.
Course Preparation Duration
- The Face to Face Training is spread over a period of 3 days.
- Minimum total tuition time for Unit HSW1: 17 hours.
- Recommended Private Study time for Unit HSW1: 3 hours.
- Minimum total tuition time for Unit HSW2: 1 hours.
- Recommended Private Study time for Unit HSW2: 3 hours.
- Total tuition hours: 18 hours.
- Total directed private study hours: 6 hours.
- Total Time: 24 hours.
The Unit HSW 1 is assessed by 45 minutes multiple choice exam and a two hour risk assessment practical application. Candidate scripts are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH.
Delegates are awarded the Certificate on successful completion of two units; HSW1 and HSW2.